The Journey to Become an Ontogonic Body-Mind Therapist…
Part of what distinguishes Ontogonic Body-Mind Therapy is its recognition that liberation is impossible as long as we are caught in the solid reality patterns of our karma. Our body type, or “characterology,” represents some of that karma, and one of the most difficult aspects of breaking physical and energetic characterology is that we have learned to accept and identify so completely with it.
Most of us require deep healing if we are to reclaim and integrate a vision allowing us to create a new reality: a reality no longer governed by neurosis and karma, but by Love, Freedom, Grace and Enjoyment. This is the work of Ontogonic Body-Mind Therapy.
In the Second Year of this Training, in addition to learning theory, students work with one another outside of the classes, alternating as therapists and clients in individual therapy sessions. In-group, supervision and feedback are provided. In addition to practice and training in the therapist’s role, this method allows for the exploration of individual process as a complement to the group process.
Under the guidance of Dr. Carlos de Léon, each student practices as therapist while fellow students observe and provide feedback. Through this experiential engagement, the deepest aspects of the therapeutic process are examined, technique is polished, and one’s understanding of the principles of Ontogonic Body-Mind Therapy further clarified and refined.
Exploration of the following topics:
- History and tendencies Psychotherapy methods related to our work
- Alien Complexes
- Levels and goals in Therapy
- Stress Response
- Defense Mechanisms
- Transference and Counter-transference
- The Ontogonic Therapy Principles
Learning of the following Ontogonic Techniques:
- Ontogonic Chod
- Eidetic Therapy
- Spiritual Techniques
- Relationships and Sexual Flow
- Ethics and Practicalities
FOCUS OF EACH MODULE
- Typically the weekend sessions comprise:
- Feedback supervision and demonstrations
- Free style therapy, dependent on the group process
- Theoretical explanations
- Teaching of specific techniques
- Refining and polishing therapeutical roles (patient/therapist) and mutual evaluations.
DATES FOR BODY-MIND THERAPY TRAINING PROGRAM (Year One)
Module 1: June 8 to 13, 2017
Module 2: August 3 to 8, 2017
Module 3: October 19 to 24, 2017
Module 4: December 7 to 12, 2017
Module 5: February 1 to 6, 2018
A – Payment Plan Early Bird Fee: $6500 + GST, after April 6, 2017 ~ $7000 + GST
- $650 + GST is due on or before April 6, 2017 & 9 equal monthly payments will be payable on the 15th of each month starting May 2017 to January 2018
- $700 + GST is due after April 6, 2017 & 9 equal monthly payments will be payable on the 15th of each month starting May 2017 to January 2018, or the fee will be prorated if enrolment for the program is completed after May 8, 2017
B – Payment in Full ~ Early Bird Fee: $6000 + GST, after April 6, 2017 ~ $6500 + GST
- $1000 + GST is due on or before April 6, 2017 and balance of $5000 + GST will be payable on June 6, 2017
- $1500 + GST is due at the time of registration post the date of April 6, 2017 and balance of $5000 + GST will be payable one month after date of registration, paid in full by June 6, 2017
Early Bird Rates are Valid Until: April 6, 2017 at which time just the deposit fee is due to secure your space in the program!
PROPOSED DATES FOR BODY-MIND THERAPY TRAINING PROGRAM (Year Two)
Module 1: April 19 to 24, 2018
Module 2: June 14 to 20, 2018
Module 3: August 2 to 8, 2018
Module 4: October 11 to 16, 2018
Module 5: December 6 to 10, 2018
With PhDs in both Clinical Psychology and Holistic Medicine, Dr. Carlos de León has spent more than 35 years in related research, study, and practitioner experience, particularly in the area of personal transformation.
As the founder of the Mexican Association for Psychotherapy and Transpersonal Development, Carlos not only regularly shares his teachings, but also – and perhaps more significantly – has brought them together in the model of Ontogony, an inquiring discipline for the research, study, and development of liberating tools and paradigms… Read more…